My next five years Bucket List

I do like Bucket List posts and – like everybody – I do have one! My bucket list is huge and probably unrealistic. But at the very, VERY young age of 25 (quarter life crisis alert) I am sticking to the dream that I can visit virtually every country and experience every culture in the world at some point in my life.

So to make things more manageable I have cut down my Bucket List to the next 5 years. Where I want to go and what I want to see before I’m 30 (gah!). Here we go:

πŸ’œ Go to India. I don’t know what it is, but I just need to go there. I want to explore everything about it. The food, the culture, the amazing sights, the Ganges, the cities, the beaches, the heat – I just know it will be a huge eye opener and very tragic in some places and mindblowingly beautiful in others.

πŸ’œ Drive Tuscany & the Almafi Coast. I’ve never been to Italy and I’m dying to go but I really want to save it until we slowly wind our way through this beautiful region in a car. A certain husband needs to pass his driving test (ahem) and then we can be on our way.

πŸ’œ See the Northern Lights. More of our friends and family are going to Scandinavia every year to do this and I’m starting to feel left out! I want to see them so badly, and just visit Scandinavia in general actually, but it’s so expensive dammit! Once we are both in full time very well paying graduate jobs (easy right??) it’s first on the list.

πŸ’œ Dive again. I’m a fully qualified PADI dive master and at one point in my life I spent a few months working in a dive school and diving every day with customers! Now, I haven’t been diving in a good 2 years and I miss it. In the next 5 years in determined to dive Egypt, The Philippines, Mexico – or all of the above!

πŸ’œ Camp somewhere rugged & beautiful. There are so many stunning places in the UK. Yeeeeeessss, the weather’s not the best but sun or no sun I am determined to camp in some of our most rugged and beautiful countryside. I’m currently considering Wales or Ireland.

πŸ’œ Climb a mountain. Along the same vein. I’d love to do Everest but it’s so expensive it’s not really realistic for the next five years. So it will probably be Snowden or Ben Nevis!

πŸ’œ Island hop in Thailand. I’ve spent time in Thailand but haven’t done much island hopping. This will be the first one I get to cross off my list because we are going at Christmas!

πŸ’œ Re-visit the place we said our vows. Zakynthos is and always will be a very special place to us and our families. I can’t wait to go back.

πŸ’œ Go to Canada. Again, another place I feel a strange affinity with although I haven’t been. I’ve got some distant family there and my cousin loves it so I’ve got excellent recommendations. I imagine it as one of the most beautiful places in the world.

πŸ’œ Find my island paradise. I’ve been to some stunning beaches but I’m still chasing that perfect, desert island. Who knows if I’ll find it in the GalΓ‘pagos Islands or maybe a tiny island off Figi. Wherever it is, I’m gonna find it.

What’s on your list?

xox

1. Steph . Hannam September 15, 2016 / 12:38 pm

Loved reading this blog post. I really want to see the Northern Lights too x

2. prettylittletruth September 16, 2016 / 9:58 am

Love your list! Very similar to mine! I have seen the northern lights in Iceland in March and it was wonderful! Have also been to the Amalfi coast this summer and road tripping around Tuscany in 3 weeks! Can’t wait! πŸ™‚

• Jessica Emily September 16, 2016 / 11:35 am

Wow that sounds amazing! I can’t wait to visit Iceland soon x

• Jessica Emily September 18, 2016 / 9:51 am

I am! Did my dive master in Koh Tao, Thailand a few years back. It’s magical x

• Jessica Emily September 19, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Yes! Hehe I’ve heard it’s so beautiful and really worth a visit x

3. Jodie September 19, 2016 / 7:09 pm

Ah man. This list has got me longing for a lottery win! I am insanely impressed that you are an actual diver – that would be a dream but I’m waaaayyy too much of a wuss!

Jodie @ Jodetopia x

• Jessica Emily September 19, 2016 / 7:12 pm

Hehe if only! Yes it’s an amazing world underwater – and it’s actually not that scary I promise! I taught beginners for a while and they were all frightened at first but came round to loving it! X

• Jessica Emily September 19, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Haha thank you! Yes it’s all my more dreamy places πŸ™‚ but I’m determined to tick them all off before I’m 30! X

4. Laura's Little World September 19, 2016 / 7:16 pm

love this post ! really want to visit the islands of Thailand myself ! this post has me so motivated now to start planning and make a travel bucket list ! x

• Jessica Emily September 19, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Thanks! Yeah I love planning travels 😊 let me know when you’ve done yours id love to read it! X

5. Abbeylouisarose September 19, 2016 / 7:18 pm

The Amalfi Coast is absolutely stunning, you should definitely go there! I drive along it a few years ago and it is one of my favourite memories from my trip to Italy! 😍 I really love diving too – I got my open water qualification last year!

Abbey ✨ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• Jessica Emily September 19, 2016 / 7:20 pm

Fantastic! I’ve heard such wonderful things about that coastline and the pictures – WOW 😍 Diving is amazing, I’m so glad you think so too! It’s another world which we are privileged to explore. Thanks for reading ! X

6. heatherbel September 19, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Northern lights are big on my list too (the rest is pretty much focussed on places that have a Disneyworld haha) Fingers crossed for you ticking off as many of these as possible! It’ll make for an incredible 5 years!
    Heather x
    heatherisobel.co.uk

• Jessica Emily September 19, 2016 / 7:31 pm

Yep fingers crossed! I’m pretty driven when it comes to travel! Disneyworld is pretty awesome too though πŸ˜‰ x

7. Paige September 19, 2016 / 7:49 pm

Seeing the Nothern Lights is something that I have to do one day too! Loved this post. x

8. gotmeghan September 26, 2016 / 7:27 pm

This is a fairly large bucket list, especially if you want to accomplish these in the next 5 years! My bucket list is basically long term or whatever opportunities come my way first. πŸ™‚

• Jessica Emily September 26, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Agreed! It is pretty big. I’m already ticking Thailand off so I reckon I can do it! X

• gotmeghan September 27, 2016 / 12:57 am

Awesome! I don’t doubt you at all my dear πŸ™‚

9. Little Sunshine October 3, 2016 / 10:31 am

Totally LOVE your list!!! We have so many things in common we want to do;-) I want to see the northern lights as well, climb a similar mountain to mt. everest (it is kind of risky and darn expensive, youΒ΄re right..), see Canada, camp somewhere in Ireland and go island hopping in Thailand!
    IΒ΄ve already been to Tuscany and I can tell you that it is sooooo worth a visit!!
    And revisiting the place you said your vows sounds so romantic!
    I wish you all the best for your trip this Christmas!! How wonderful you already get to cross off something from your list!

• Jessica Emily October 3, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Thank you so much for your lovely comment ! I know, they are probably on many peoples lists they are beautiful places! I can’t wait to go to Thailand πŸ™‚ thanks for reading ! ✨

• Little Sunshine October 6, 2016 / 4:01 pm

No problem!
        Probably they are on many peopleΒ΄s lists, yes, but not everyone actually goes there;-)
        Have the best time in Thailand!