One Line a Day…

I’m not sure about you but I have a real weakness store; a shop that I can’t go past without going in, and equally can’t go in without buying something. For me, it’s Waterstones. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved book shops. I really feel like they are magical places full of dreams, ideas, stories and information. Book shops speak to me – and Waterstones more than most.

On this occasion, I made a purchase which I am really excited to share with you. It’s not something I ever would have thought about or even know existed but it’s such a brilliant and special idea. I wish I’d thought of it to be honest!

So what is it?

As you can see it’s a gorgeous little hard back book, embossed with gold and gold edged pages. It really is something beautiful to behold.

But it was the idea of this little book which attracted me to it. It’s called ‘One Line A Day..’ And that’s the idea of it basically. Inside it looks kind of like a diary but with a very small section for each day – enough to write one or two lines a day. The idea is that every day you jot down a line about what you did, how you’re feeling, something funny, something sad, something – anything! And there is enough space for five years worth of lines.

I’m so excited to start it in January! I think the key is going to be remembering to do it every night, being consistent and being honest. There are bound to be ups and downs in five years and I won’t want to read how every day was ‘amazing’ in the future! I bought this book because I think looking back over the lines and comments across five years of my life will be amazing. Especially since we have so many plans for the next five years and I hope they will be the most exciting years yet!

What do you think of this journaling idea? What you take the challenge?

INSTAGRAM// BLOGLOVIN// PINTEREST

1. Lisabeth Westwood September 29, 2016 / 11:59 am

I have this journal! In that colour too! I have been using it for three years and I really love it. It doesn’t feel like too much commitment and you can record days that are not exciting but are nice to read back in the future.

Lisabeth

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Wow it’s great to hear from someone who’s three years in!!! I’m excited to start it – what an amazing thing to look back on a snapshot of 5 years of your life!! X

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 4:59 pm

It’s such a cute idea right! Wish I’d thought of it! Thanks for commenting x

2. justwrittenme September 29, 2016 / 4:07 pm

Loved your post so much. And this journal is so helpful xx

3. Charlotte September 29, 2016 / 4:11 pm

This is such a cute idea, in a way it’s like a blog but I think it’d be even more personal too!
    I may have to have a little look for this!
    Lovely post chicken.
    Charlotte xx
    theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 5:00 pm

Yes, do! It’s such s beautiful book to it looks lovely on the coffee table! Thanks for reading x

4. lisa September 29, 2016 / 4:12 pm

It reminds me slightly of Q&A a day. The great thing is – even if you do forget. You can actually make it go over 5 years! I think that’ll happen to me as I forgot where I put my Q&A a day…. I definitely think I might pick it up! It looks lovely.

Lisa | fairlyrosy.com
    x

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 5:00 pm

Thank you! Yes I really like the idea of being able to look back over my thoughts and feelings over 5 years! Thanks for reading x

5. keepingupwithMJ September 29, 2016 / 4:14 pm

I thought I was the only one!! I love shopping for stationary, journals, notepads, agendas & cute books in general! This looks like something I would buy. It’s really a learning experience when you can write down your feelings or what you did then look back at it months later and see your growth! I love this post!❤️
    – MJ

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 5:01 pm

Yes – seeing how you change over 5 years must be pretty interesting! It’s a beautiful book too looks lovely on my coffee table! X

6. Stephie Claire (@CupOfCreative) September 29, 2016 / 4:23 pm

I’m seriously considering getting one of these for the new year! I got a happiness planner for my birthday and recently I’ve been loving journaling with little lists and happy moments rather than feeling this pressure to fill pages with details of everything that happened in one day! I like the idea that with one of these I’ll be able to see the difference, and be reminded of eavh day as an individual year after year! Stephie xx

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Yes the idea of documenting 5 years in one place really appealed to me!! Looking back on it will be so much fun I think! Thanks for reading and commenting xx

7. kirstyhoggons September 29, 2016 / 4:32 pm

I love books like this! I have a similar one where they give you a prompt every day and you need to complete it. This one is also so pretty! 🙂

• Jessica Emily September 29, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Yeah I think how it looked was partly what attracted me to it in the first place! X

• Jessica Emily September 30, 2016 / 4:53 am

Thanks for commenting Tasha! Yes I feel like it’s a really unique idea 🙂 x

8. adele miner September 29, 2016 / 9:18 pm

This is such a lovely idea! Thank you for sharing. So glad I came across your blog, it’s really lovely and I hope you keep up your wonderful work! x

adelelydia.blogspot.com

• Jessica Emily September 30, 2016 / 4:53 am

Thank you so much Adele that means a lot! Thank you for reading x