Hello October

I cannot believe it’s October already! Partly because I’ve been crazy busy, but partly because we’ve been having really unseasonably warm weather in London! I’ve only just dig my cardigans out and haven’t had a chance to wear a coat or scarf! Very un-Autumnly.

For the last month I’ve been getting to grips with my PGCE, studying hard, panicking about all the work ahead and trying to get myself organised. Organisation is not a strong point of mine! But as we go through the course we have to compile huge folders with very specific work from specific points of the year so I need  to get on top of it. I’m excited though because I’m starting my first school placement on Monday.

Other than uni October is looking less busy than September for me. We have a few things planned but I’m trying to keep my diary as free as possible at weekends in anticipation for all the lesson plans I’ll have to do! I can’t wait to start being a teacher though. It’s been a long road to this point but I really feel like I’ve found what I’m supposed to do.

Something which is coming up in half term which is exciting is my graduation ceremony for my undergrad degree from my previous university! I’m graduating in the Old Royal Naval Chapel which is so beautiful it’s such an honour. I can’t wait!

My goals for this month are:

💜 Get as organised as possible! Start building my folders in the right order and get on top of work we have already been set.

💜 Do my absolute best on placement.

💜 DO NOT give up on the gym no matter how busy or tired I am and continue to work out 4 times per week. No excuses.

💜 Continue to blog when I can – it may seem like extra work but I find it therapeutic to get my thoughts on paper.

💜 Make time for myself and Paul to do fun things and not focus and stress about workload all the time.

💜 Graduate looking fabulous for all the pictures!

💜 Have a super relaxing half term!

What about you? What have you got planned for October?

1. 1weekmaryx October 3, 2016 / 4:32 pm

You can do it you can do it you CAN do it! Good luck for all your goals girl hope you smash them xx

2. Em October 3, 2016 / 4:41 pm

This whole year has gone by SO quickly!! And you can do it gal, keep sticking to your goals you’ve got this!! Great post lovely xx

3. abbeylouisarose October 13, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Sounds like you have some great goals here! Best of luck wth achieving them! I’m also trying to be as organised as possible this month – I’ll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!! 🍀😘

Abbey 👑 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 4:12 pm

Hehe yep I’m gunna need some luck to stick to that one!! Not doing too bad so far though. Thanks for reading ✨

4. Elly Mitchell October 13, 2016 / 4:14 pm

This year is going so, so quickly, it’s terrifying! Amazing that you’re starting your PGCE, I ALWAYS wanted to do one. You’ll find yourself falling into a pattern of organisation in no time <3

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 5:21 pm

Hehe I hope so! Yeah it’s rewarding but soooo exhausting! X

5. Sophie October 13, 2016 / 4:34 pm

I definitely agree with blogging being therapeutic when working too 🙂 it’s such a nice release from the world of university and my part time job <3 I'm hoping to become a teacher myself in a few years once I'm old enough so will definitely be following your blog a bit more intently to see how you get on! 😀

Thanks for a lovely post 🙂 xx

sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 5:22 pm

It can be yes! Thank you so much for reading x

6. alittlereader October 13, 2016 / 4:35 pm

All I do is work and blog and that seems like a lot, I don’t know how you do it all but well done! Congrats on getting your dream job & good luck for the future 🙂

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 5:22 pm

Thank you so much! Thank you for reading x

7. keepingupwithMJ October 13, 2016 / 4:59 pm

YES to bloggers setting goals & achieving them because we’re that poppin! I need to sit and write out some goals myself because I’m inspired! Good luck with getting everything done! Great post💗🌸🌸

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 5:23 pm

Hahaha thanks ! And I’m so glad I’ve inspired you to set some goals!!! Thank you for reading lovely x

8. lifethroughtsg October 13, 2016 / 4:59 pm

Ahh I love this post! Definitely inspired me to write a similar one of my own! I hope you reach your goals,
    H X

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 5:23 pm

Thank you so much and thanks for reading x

9. fairlyrosy October 13, 2016 / 5:20 pm

I like your goals!! I’m glad you added doing something fun with your husband. I hope the half term is relaxing like you plan! I also hope you manage to get all your October plans done too!

Lisa | http://www.fairlyrosy.com
    x

• Jessica Emily October 13, 2016 / 5:24 pm

Hehe thanks .. Me too! Looking forward to half term now 🙂 thanks for reading x

10. Em October 14, 2016 / 9:38 am

Great post lovely! Great goals – you can do it!! x