Midweek Motivation | Remember how far you’ve come

Sometimes you lose your rhythm in fitness. It can be anything, a change in routine, an upset, difficult period in your life or maybe just you’re really tired. For me, I’ve recently started placement in a school and I have to leave the house at 7am. Given that my gym opens at 6.30am this is not realistically enough for me to have a workout in the morning. I now go 3 times a week (one evening and both days of the weekend) compared to my old routine which was 5 mornings a week.

This has been a really hard upset for me, not just because I enjoyed it and it really set me up for the day but also because I had genuinely become a morning person ! I loved getting up early and thrashing all my stress from the day before out in the gym. It made me feel alive, and awake actually! These days I struggle out of the house feeling sleepy and lethargic. I’ve also noticed I’ve put on 3 pounds which has been upsetting me a bit.

HOWEVER, it’s important to not be too hard on ourselves and recognise our achievements so far! I’ve still lost nearly 2&1/2 stone and managed to maintain it. The first picture was taken in January 2016 and the second is now. It’s still an amazing achievement!

I figure I’ve just got to stop giving myself a hard time and understand that it takes time to adjust to a new job and routine.

Do you find it difficult to fit fitness in around a demanding job? What are your thoughts on this?

For daily fitness motivation follow my INSTAGRAM.

1. jpowis October 12, 2016 / 2:32 pm

Wow you’ve done amazingly – well done! I got into the habit of working out several times a week but I don’t have the time anymore, but I do rush around and spend quite a bit of time on my feet when working so hopefully that makes up for it πŸ™‚

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Oh thank you so much – it means a lot! Yes it’s so difficult to find time to fit it in!! I’m finding that hard at the moment x

• LuxeStyle October 12, 2016 / 7:39 pm

You’re welcome. I’m glad it’s not just me that struggles for time! x

2. Melissa Lacey October 12, 2016 / 7:09 pm

you’ve done amazingly!! at least you have the motivation to go the gym, thats more than I’ve got haha!! X

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 7:59 pm

Ah thank you so much! And thanks for reading ✨

3. itsbeccajayne October 12, 2016 / 7:11 pm

I have decided to start the gym with my friend sometime very soon (I’m so determined), and I’ll have to keep this in mind! You’re totally right- you need to reflect on how far you’ve come rather than being so hard on yourself. Great post lovely, very inspiring and motivational. X

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:00 pm

Thank you so much ☺️ enjoy your new gym routine! It’s hard at first but really is enjoyable once you get into it x

4. kirstyhoggons October 12, 2016 / 7:14 pm

You are looking amazing! I really need to start exercising but I leave home at 06:50 every morning so finding time to exercise before work is not really an option. And by the time I get home I am exhausted. I need to try and find some things to do at home. You are inspiring me! x

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:01 pm

I’m exactly the same! It’s so hard to go after work!!! Home workouts is an option I do some sometimes. Thanks for reading x

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:01 pm

Sometimes life just gets in the way! But that’s okay ☺️ it’s important to have a balance sometimes x

5. PixieOX October 12, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Wow you have done so well would love to know more. That’s so motivating looking at your pictures and I am wanting to lose weight but I am so tired at the minute struggling to find balance as I’m working six days a week. Pixie xx

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:02 pm

Thank you so much! It’s so hard to balance work with fitness I totally get you! Thanks for reading x

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:47 pm

Cleaned up my diet a bit and cut out dairy but it was mainly the exercise! Thanks for reading Hun x

6. keepingupwithMJ October 12, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Oh wow, congrats on your journey this far! Love to see when people motivate others, the encouragement is well neeeed. It’s so hard to stay focused and eat healthy to lose weight, but I’ll give it another try lol great motivational post

7. saarwalkingthroughthepages October 12, 2016 / 7:36 pm

You know what – that’s amazing! Also amazing: realising that progress isn’t only losing weight, but also with being okay with the ups and down life throws at you and your health regime!

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:49 pm

Yep and I think it’s so important to be aware that no one is perfect right?! Thanks so much for reading and commenting x

8. notsomousybrown October 12, 2016 / 7:48 pm

You’ve done amazingly and thank you for the motivation! I’d really like to fit more exercise into my week x

Amy | notsomousybrown.com

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:50 pm

Thank you so much for your lovely comment x

9. lovejennyxo October 12, 2016 / 8:14 pm

working out after a full days of work is not something thats on my mind but luckily my boyfriend is an avid gym person so he helps motivate me……sometimes ha

xo, JJ

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 8:51 pm

Haha yes my husband is the same! He still likes going in the morning though! Thanks for commenting πŸ’–

10. Hannah October 12, 2016 / 8:57 pm

Well done you’ve done so well! This is so motivational. How long have you been working out for?

• Jessica Emily October 12, 2016 / 9:05 pm

I started in January 2016 ☺️ thank you! X

11. Rebecca Irish December 14, 2016 / 7:29 pm

You’ve done so well hun! Iv literally put on so much weight this year. I can’t wait to start fresh in January and lose it! Lol xx

• Jessica Emily December 14, 2016 / 9:30 pm

Thanks so much! This time of year is so shit for staying in shape I’ve found it so hard with my pgce as well! Thanks for reading xx