I feel like we all need a bit of cheering up at this time of year. Right? Christmas is over, back at school/work, it’s cold and the next holiday seems very far away indeed! Music can be such a game changer for me when it comes to lifting my mood. When I’m feeling a bit down I just turn my headphones up and play some feel-good music and I feel better almost instantly! The right music can be a very powerful thing.
Today I’m going to share with you my top twenty ‘songs that make me smile’ – and I hope they will you too!
- Pencil full of lead – Paulo Nutini (always reminds me how lucky I am)
- Better when I’m dancing – Meghan Trainor
- Azonto – Fuse ODG
- Can’t stop the feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Hold my hand – Jess Glynne (makes us smile because it’s the song we walked back down the aisle to as a married couple!)
- Dancing queen – ABBA (classic!)
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- I want you back – The Jackson 5
- Love on top – Beyoncé
- Hey ya! – Outcast
- Uptown funk – Mark Ronson
- Price tag – Jessie J
- Marvin Gaye – Charlie Puth
- Dancing in the moonlight – Toploader
- Heatwave – Wiley (my holiday song!)
- Baby – Justin Beiber
- She’s so lovely – Scouting for Girls
- All summer long – Kid Rock
- Hey soul sister – Train
- Get lucky – Daft Punk
Happy listening and keep smiling!
Find me on: