A few weeks ago now I received the lovely November gin box from Gin Explorer (read my review here), containing several rather delicious miniature bottles of gin. I was challenged to create my own ‘Christmas Cocktail’ with one of the gins – a challenge, I must admit, I was only too happy to take.
After a bit of experimentation in the kitchen using my shiny new cocktail shaker (an engagement gift) I have come up with the perfect festive drink. I call it: Gin-ger festive fizz. I must confess Paul came up with that name and I think it’s rather clever, what with the main ingredients being gin and ginger ale!
Gin-ger Gin Fizz
What you’ll need (for one drink):
- Double measure of Herno’s gin (or gin of your choice)
- Ginger ale
- An orange
- A handful of cranberries
- A dash of orange juice
I prepared this drink in a stainless steel cocktail shaker because I am a professional cocktail drinker coinesseur and because it’s great for getting a good mix of flavours, but it’s by no means essential. The drink could just be thoroughly muddled in a glass instead.
- Middle fresh cranberries, a few ribbons of orange and a teaspoon of sugar in the cocktail shaker.
2. Add a 1 cup of ice, 1 tbsp of orange juice and a double measure of gin.
3. Shake well for 30 seconds.
4. Pour into a tumbler.
5. Top up with ginger ale.
6. Garnish and make it look pretty with some cranberries and a cocktail stick.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Let me know if you give it a go!